Thursday, September 22, 2011

crazy sexy Elissa Jane, 20 questions over 21 days...

answers for day 3
  1. Did you abstain from coffee?  Yes!
  2. Did you abstain from alcohol?  hahah.. yeah.
  3. Did you abstain from gluten?  pretty much yeah, I think so.
  4. Did you abstain from animal products? yeah, actually.
  5. Did you abstain from crack (aka sugar) and choose low-glycemic fruits and beter alternatives like stevia or agave?  sure thing!
  6. Did you dry brush today?  totally loving that, you bet!
  7. Did you clean your sinuses with the good ol neti pot?  um, nah, not yet, should I?
  8. Did you move for body for at least thirty-five minutes?  YES!
  9. Did you meditate for fifteen to twenty minutes?  Yeah both, hello cushion, I'm back!
  10. Did you chew your meals thoroughly and mindfully?  kind of yeah, my lunch was gross so I mindfully didn't really eat it.
  11. Did you laugh out loud and tell someone you loved him or her today?  Well, thanks to motherhood, I have a built in person who hears I love him EVERY DAY, didn't laugh out loud, oh wait, well, not out loud enough.  Make note.. laugh more!
  12. Did you spend time in nature? Even five minutes is better than nothing.  Of course, I LIVE in the nucleus of nature.
  13. Did you get eight hours of uninterrupted sleep?  Well, I got almost seven hours, that's an accomplishment these days.
  14. What did you eat today and did you juice?  Include breakfast, lunch, dinner and any in-between snacking... Ok.. two big juices including beets, kale, pears, spinach, parsley, carrots, cucumber, ginger combos, plantains and yams for lunch, roasted butternut squash, home made kale chips and beefsteak tomatoes for dinner, and a little homemade chilled sesame peanut sauce covered rice noodles. 
  15. How much purified water did you consume?  Two big juices, and three 24 oz canteens.
  16. What supplements did you take?  Omega Gel Caps, Magnesium, BComplex, Valerian, Selenium and Phyllium Husks.  
  17. How was your elimination?  I'm PMSing so it's all weird anyway.
  18. What time did you stop eating, three hours before bedtime is optimum.  Um, good luck with THAT... still eating dinner now.
  19. How do you eel physically?  Pretty darned awesome, no more migraines (that were constant the past few months), back pain has passed, lots of energy when I wake up and a little lighter and less bloated.  
  20. How do you feel emotionally?  Good actually, my brain is going a million miles and hour from being so out of meditation practice for so long, but I'm very much at peace with myself and my current situation.  My equanimity is returning, which is really amazing.  I am giving metta to strangers (especially on the road!!!!) and being pretty gentle with myself where I could certainly be treating myself rather poorly.  Ya know... I am alllllright!
..... to be continued.


No comments: