Wednesday, September 24, 2008

do the right thing













Do the right thing

make the right choice

I've spent so much of my life playing the hustler. Am I am punishing myself for the hustling I've done…

I've spent so much of my life torturing myself for my past.

Do the right thing.

The past couple of days, I've been really thinking about choices I make, mundane to huge. Each choice I make, is there integrity in it? Am I being totally honest? I'm I making the right choice.

Today, I realize, there's a lot of work I need to do about making the right choices.

It is counter intuitive for me to be unabashedly honest. Not really sure I've been right with myself, or totally honest with me.

Do I stand in a place of integrity?

Fighting against myself, it's a lost cause.

Fighting against my past, it is useless.

So here I am, examining my choices, my life. Do I make the right decisions? Am I being the best person I can be and am I being unabashedly honest?

No.

I'm a fraud and a hustler, and have been for so long, that my internal battle is a pile of justifications for the way I want things to go.

I've got a lot of angst today. I'm disappointed that I can't honestly make different choices, well, I don't want to make different choices.

For I know, in my rational brain, if I do make different choices, I will get different results.

Well, there I go, lying again, because I am making different choices. I stand in a place of integrity. I'm questing for patience, tolerance and to stand on the side of Love.

Do the right thing.

Do the right thing.

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck the right thing is.

No comments: